- Basic concepts of Mechanical Measurements.
- Measuring instruments.
- Introduction to Metrology.
- Uncertainty, sensitivity, error analysis, dynamic behavior, damping, measurement standards.
- Fixed and dynamic measurements, detectors, intermediate modulation systems, terminals.
- Design of metering devices.
- Digital measurement processing and presentation techniques for complex engineering systems.
- Measurement of tolerances, force, pressure, temperature, roughness, oscillations, time, frequency
To give the opportunity of the students of the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering to introduce their selves in the knowledge related to the basic concepts of Mechanical Measurements. The basic knowledge concerns: Measuring instruments. Introduction to Metrology. Uncertainty, sensitivity, error analysis, dynamic behavior, damping, measurement standards. Fixed and dynamic measurements, detectors, intermediate modulation systems, terminals. Design of metering devices, digital measurement processing and presentation techniques for complex engineering systems. Measurement of tolerances, force, pressure, temperature, roughness, oscillations, time, frequency.
Upon successfully completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Has comprehended concepts related to the theory of measurements, both mechanical and electrical, concerning measurements in the typical problems of Mechanical Engineer.
- To have methodological and quantitative understanding through the solution of table exercises, issues related to the precision of measuring instruments, error analysis and design of measurement devices; Digital measurement processing and presentation techniques, for complex mechanical systems.
- To have in the Laboratory of Machine Design, practicing experimental tests related to measurements with, micrometers, special thread micrometers, certifying instruments for measuring length with Johanson Gauge Blocks. Also, to understand the basic concepts of measuring quantities with a 3D coordinate machine (CMM). Finally, he has comprehended basic measurements and the way in which basic vibration measurements can be performed.
- Through the Semester project and the cooperation with their fellow students, they have to practice a combinational study that involves the design and construction of a metering device. The student and furthermore the student team, will be joined with basic data concerning the cost of the metering devices and the way to write technical reports.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self