Academic position: Associate Professor
Diploma in Civil Engineering, NTUA (1980), PhD (1991) Dept. Mechanical Engineering, University of Patras.
(1981 – 1993): Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering & Aeronautics, University of Patras. – (2009-today)
Her Research activities include:
- Mechanical behaviour of bone (healthy and diseased) and its modelling
- Fracture management of skeletal systems
- Composite biomaterials for osteosynthesis (bioresorbable polymers)
- Ultrasound propagation in cancellous bone
- Implants. In vitro study of biomaterials biocompatibility
- Cell mechanics (detachment strength, cell response under static and dynamic loading)
- V. KALERIDIS, G. ATHANASSIOU, D. DELIGIANNI and Y. MISSIRLIS, Slow flow of passive neutrophils and sequestered nucleus into micropipette. Journal of Clinical hemorheology and microcirculation 45(1), 2010, 53-65.
- PA KOKKINOS, R WRIGHT, PB. KIRBY, AND DD. DELIGIANNI, Differential Regulation of Osteoblasts by Microstructural Features of Titanium Substrata. Trends Biomater. Artif. Organs 26(1), 2012, 16-24.
- I P I PAGOULATOU, I-E TRIANTAPHYLLIDOU, DH. VYNIOS, DJ. PAPACHRISTOU, E KOLETSIS, D DELIGIANNI, D MAVRILAS, Biomechanical and structural alterations followed decellularization of bovine pericardial tissues for use as scaffold in tissue engineering. J Mater Sci Mater Med 23(6) (2012), 1387-1396.
- PA PA KOKKINOS, PG KOUTSOUKOS, AND DD DELIGIANNI, Detachment strength of human osteoblasts cultured on hydroxyapatite with various surface roughness. Contribution of integrin subunits. J Mater Sci Mater Med, 23(6) (2012), 1489-1498.
- D. PORTAN, A. KROUSTALLI, D. DELIGIANNI, G. PAPANICOLAOU, On the Biocompatibility between TiO2 Nanotubes Layer and Human Osteoblasts. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research, Part A 2012, in press.
Google Scholar: Deligianni Despina
Postgraduate Study Program | Computational and Experimental Engineering and Advanced Materials