Policy for Quality Of Postgraduate Studies Program of Mechanical and Aeronautics Engineering Department
The Department of Mechanical and Aeronautics Engineering, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Unit (MO.DI.P.) and the relevant departments of the foundation, has harmonized the policy for quality of the Undergraduate Studies Program of the department with the policy for quality of the University of Patras.
Vision/Mission of the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautics Engineering
The main mission of the Department is to provide to its student’s high level education in the scientific and technological field of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering. The provided training courses focus on the comprehension of the fundamental knowledge for the specific scientific subject of the department and also the familiarization of the students with the hi-end technologies and technological trends.
Subject of undergraduate studies program and strategic objectives of the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautics engineering that are connecting with those of Foundation and include:
- Development of a strong knowledge background in mathematics, physics as well as in engineering and aerospace/ aeronautics science through a procedure that consists: experience acquisition, analysis synthesis as well as hypothesizes and interpretations control.
- Preparation of graduate’s professional career and competitiveness through the deeper comprehension of the science with innovative technological means and methods based on both bibliography and research.
- Constantly adaptation of the curriculum and inclusion of innovative knowledge and applications in order to meet successfully to modern trends and potentials of interests of Mechanical and Aeronautics engineer.
- Provide to the students a high level education with the aim of acquiring the necessary skills for their scientific, research and professional career.
- The connection improvement with the labor market and the industry through practice in manufacturing and other related fields.
- Research activities development on cutting edge topics such as advance materials, aeronautics etc. aiming to generate knowledge through monitoring the technological developments and extending their application fields.
- StudentsΙintroduction to research and innovation with the assessment of diplomas thesis and advanced courses in order to broad knowledge in the field of Mechanical and Aeronautical engineering.
- Provide to students the required from the society and industry expertise and offer to society scientific knowledge information and training.
- Connection of the department with industrial, business, professional and the whole productive fabric of the country.
All the procedures for quality Assurance of the Mechanical and Aeronautical engineering department are subject to inspection and review that is conducted annually from the Internal evaluation team (OMEA) with Quality Assurance Unit (MO.DI.P.). The department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering undertakes to implement a quality policy that supports the academic profile and the curriculum orientation, promotes its subject and purpose, implements its strategic objectives and determines the means and the ways to achieve them. Thus, it applies the appropriate quality procedures having as a final goal the continually improvement in basis of international standards.
For the implementation of this policy’s the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics commit to apply the quality procedures that will demonstrate:
- The structure and the organization adequacy of undergraduate studies program.
- The achievement of learning outcomes and qualifications according to European and National Qualification Framework of Higher Education.
- The improvement of quality and effectiveness of the provided teaching work.
- The adequacy of the qualifications of the teaching staff.
- The promotion of the quality and quantity of the research work of academic unit.
- Ways to connect teaching with research.
- Knowledge and skills synchronization that are required to ensure that the demand in labor market and rapid integration of graduates in it will be high.
- The quality of supportive services such as administrative services, libraries, sport, entertainment and student services.
- Conduct of the annual review, internal review and review of the quality assurance system of undergraduate studies program as well as the cooperation of the Internal evaluation team (OMEA) with Quality Assurance Unit (MO.DI.P.).