Heat Transfer I
Fundamental principles of heat transfer. Heat transfer modes: conduction, convection and radiation. The heat transfer equation.
Heat conduction (steady state, one dimensional heat conduction, conduction in two and three dimensions, transient conduction).
Radiation heat transfer (basic principles and laws, black and gray bodies. Solar radiation. Radiation heat exchange between black and gray surfaces. Radiation view factors).
- basic concepts and modes of heat transfer by conduction, convection and radiation
- Heat transfer equations
- significance of non-dimensionalization and dimensionless numbers
- conduction heat transfer (one dimensional steady state, multi-dimensional, transitional).
- Radiation heat transfer (basic concepts and laws, black-gray and real bodies, solar radiation, radiation exchange between black and gray surfaces, view factor)
- Heat Transfer Balances
- Open Issues in Heat conduction and radiation
- Heat transfer and efficient energy utilization
- analysis of problems in heat conduction and radiation
- approximating complex heat transfer problems with appropriate assumptions
- efficient use of heat transfer bibliography
- Solving heat conduction and radiation problems in practical applications
- solving the differential equations for heat conduction and radiation in simple problems
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes