Non Conventional Manufacturing Processes
- Overview of manufacturing processes.
- Laser assisted processes. Types of Lasers. Characteristics of laser equipment. Basic Laser processes. Drilling. Cutting (two-dimensional, three-dimensional).
- Laser controlled processes.
- Heat transfer and fluid dynamics in laser Analysis of Laser processes.
- Applications of Laser processes.
- Rapid prototyping techniques. Stereolithography. Selective Laser sintering. Layer Object Manufacturing. Direct CAD manufacturing. Material deposition manufacturing.
- Applications of rapid prototyping methods.
The learning outcomes expected by the end of the course are:
- Knowledge: Students will develop a critical understanding of the operating principles and underlying theories of a series of non-conventional processes, thus acquiring advanced knowledge in this field.
- Skills: Students will develop advanced skills in understanding complex problems and in developing and implementing solutions, addressing technical challenges in non-conventional processing methods.
- Abilities: Combining knowledge and skills to enable students to develop autonomous methodologies and / or tools to address specific technical challenges of non-conventional processes.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self