Manufacturing Processes & Laboratory I
- Cost, time, quality and flexibility in manufacturing.
- Introduction to manufacturing processes. Casting, deforming, material removal and joining processes.
- Comparative study of manufacturing processes.
- Machine tools and manufacturing equipment- types and functionality.
- Laboratory project for the design and manufacturing using CAD, machining processes and statistical quality control (SPC).
The learning outcomes expected by the end of the course are:
- Knowledge: Students will learn the most important stages of designing and manufacturing a product through a series of selected lectures and tutorials covering the major stages of the production process.
- Skills: Students will develop advanced skills in all development and production stages of a new product, by using state of art software and hardware technological tools and applying them in practice. In addition, they will become acquainted with new technologies and with the concept of teamwork, which is indispensable in the field of industrial production and research.
- Abilities: Combination of the above knowledge and skills to enable students to complete the team project of developing and constructing a radio controlled car.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes