Academic position: Assistant Professor
Dr Theodoros Loutas is Associate Professor with the Dpt of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics of the University of Patras since the May 2016. His research interests lie in the fields of Structural Health and Condition Monitoring with techniques such vibrations, ultrasound with guided waves, acoustic emission, acousto-ultrasonics. He is also interested in the diagnostics and prognostics of composite structures utilizing sophisticated stochastic models as well as the mechanics and the mechanical behavior of advanced materials (metals, composites, nano-composites). He has 35 publications in peer-reviewed international journals in the above mentioned fields, 4 chapters in special books and more than 40 conference presentations.
1. N. Eleftheroglou and T. Loutas, Fatigue damage diagnostics and prognostics of composites utilizing structural health monitoring data and stochastic processes, Structural Health Monitoring, in press 2016
2. T.H. Loutas, P. Charlaftis, A. Airoldi, P. Bettini, C. Koimtzoglou, V. Kostopoulos, Reliability of strain monitoring of composite structures via the use of optical fibre ribbon tapes for structural health monitoring purposes, Composite Structures, Volume 134, 2015, Pages 762-771
3. E. Kollia, Th. Loutas, E. Fiamegkou, A. Vavouliotis, V. Kostopoulos, Degradation behavior of glass fiber reinforced cyanate ester composites under hydrothermal ageing, Polymer Degradation and Stability, Volume 121, 2015, Pages 200-207
4. Loutas, T.H., Panopoulou, A., Roulias, D., Kostopoulos, V., Intelligent health monitoring of aerospace composite structures based on dynamic strain measurements Expert Systems with Applications 39 (9) , pp. 8412-8422, 2012
5. Kontsos, A., Loutas, T., Kostopoulos, V., Hazeli, K., Anasori, B., Barsoum, M.W., Nanocrystalline Mg-MAX composites: Mechanical behavior characterization via acoustic emission monitoring, Acta Materialia, 59 (14), pp. 5716-5727, 2011
Google Scholar: Loutas Theodoros
Non-Destructive Testing of materials & structures, Structural Health Monitoring, Machinery Condition Monitoring and predictive health management, advanced signal processing
COURSE CONTENT Introduction, link with non-destructive testing, ultrasonic method, Acoustic Emission (AE) method, correlation with wave propagation and scattering. Definitions, homogeneous and non-homogeneous waves,...
COURSE CONTENT Introduction in Non Destructive Testing and Evaluation, Reliability of NDT techniques, short overview of the most popular techniques, Optical inspection, Liquid penetrant...