- Loutas Theodoros
Academic position: Associate Professor
Dr. Theodoros Loutas is an Associate Professor at the Department of Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering of the University of Patras since March 2021. He obtained his doctorate in 2007 from the same department as well as his diploma in 2002 with excellent performance (9.16 / 10.00). His research interests are in the areas of Non-Destructive Testing of Materials and Structures, health/condition monitoring of structures and machines with techniques such as vibration, acoustic emission, static and dynamic strain sensing, acousto-ultrasound etc. In recent years, he has developed significant research work on the fracture behavior of composite materials and bonded joints as well as in the diagnostics / prognostics of aeronautical structures developing and using probabilistic Machine Learning algorithms. He has authored 55 papers in international peer-reviewed journals, 4 chapters in books and more than 60 papers in international conferences. His research has attracted significant funding from European (Horizon 2020, Clean Sky II) and National programs (ELIDEK etc.).
- Adamos, P. Tsokanas, T. Loutas, An experimental study of the interfacial fracture behavior of Titanium/CFRP adhesive joints under mode I and mode II fatigue, International Journal of Fatigue (136) 2020
- Panayiotis Tsokanas, Theodoros Loutas, Georgios Kotsinis, Vassilis Kostopoulos, Wouter van den Brink, Federico Martin de la Escalera, On the fracture toughness of metal-composite adhesive joints with bending-extension coupling and residual thermal stresses effect, Composites Part B: Engineering (185), 2020
- Tsokanas and T. Loutas, Hygrothermal effect on the strain energy release rates and mode mixity of asymmetric delaminations in generally layered beams, Engineering Fracture Mechanics 214, 390-409, 2019
- Loutas, T., Eleftheroglou, N., Zarouchas, D., A data-driven probabilistic framework towards the in-situ prognostics of fatigue life of composites based on acoustic emission data, Composite Structures, 161, pp. 522-529, 2017
- Loutas, T.H., Roulias, D., Georgoulas, G., Remaining Useful Life Estimation in Rolling Bearings Utilizing Data-Driven Probabilistic E-Support Vectors Regression, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 62 (4) , art. no. 6645455 , pp. 821-832, 2013
Google Scholar: Loutas Theodoros
Diagnostics / Prognostics of structures and machines with Artificial Intelligence algorithms, Fracture mechanics of composite materials and bobded joints, Experimental characterization of composite materials
Special Topics in Physics for Engineers
COURSE CONTENT Straight line motion, Vectors, Motion in 2D and 3D, Force and motion (Newton’s laws), Kinetic energy and work, Potential energy, Energy conservation,...
COURSE CONTENT Kinematics of Particles: Introduction to Dynamics, Rectilinear Motion of Particles, Position, Velocity, and Acceleration, Determination of the Motion of a Particle, Uniform...
COURSE CONTENT Introduction to oscillations, Discrete system vibrations: Free and forced vibration of systems of a single degree of freedom with and without damping,...
Wave propagation and scattering
COURSE CONTENT Introduction, link with non-destructive testing, ultrasonic method, Acoustic Emission (AE) method, correlation with wave propagation and scattering. Definitions, homogeneous and non-homogeneous waves,...
Non Destructive Testing of Materials & Structures
COURSE CONTENT Introduction in Non Destructive Testing and Evaluation, Reliability of NDT techniques, short overview of the most popular techniques, Optical inspection, Liquid penetrant...