Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to the course. Description of the structure of computer systems, the hardware and the software.
- Presentation of logical gates and Boolean algebra. Solution of logical problems using computer systems (Logic Gate Simulator, Cedar Logic).
- Introduction to the main operational systems (Windows, Unix, Linux) and computer working environments (Windows, X Windows). Introduction to Linux operation (Intro, installation, capabilities, basic operation and applications)
- Introduction to the Data Acquisition and data digitization. Presentation of the operational basics for the data acquisition and the post processing of experimental data via computer systems (Labview)
- Familiarization with the Information Systems (Communication Networks, Internet, Mail, WWW, etc.)
- Operation of office tools for engineers (Microsoft Office,Open Office) and preparation of technical documents using computer systems.
- Operation of fundamental software for engineers (Matlab). Introduction to basic operation functions for mathematical calcualations, data processing and graphical illustration of results. Syntax of computing algorithms for loops, control structures as well as data input – output.
This the basic introductory course of the curriculum in the topics of using computers as well as the various operational systems.
Upon completion of the course, the students are anticipated to:
- Attain fundamental knowledge regarding the operation of Computers
- Become familiar with the core of network systems
- Acquire the knowledge and experience with fundamental engineering software
- Become familiar with the preparation of technical reports using computer systems.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes