Introduction to Industrial Automation – Sensors and Actuators – Introduction to switching theory, switching algebra and design of switching systems -Electrical automation: elements and systems -Pneumatic automation: valves, pneumatic circuits design -Electropneumatic automation: sequence charts, ladder diagrams, analysis and synthesis of circuits- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC):programming and applications, fuzzy logic based PLC – Communication of sensors and actuators with computers, A/D, D/A, Applications to Industrial Automation – Design of Industrial Automation Systems.
The course constitutes a first, comprehensive, introduction to the basic notions of the theory and practice of industrial automation systems. Upon successful completion of the course the student will be in position to:
- Recognize and study industrial automation systems.
- Study and design sensor and actuator systems.
- Analyze and designs basic circuits of electrical automation.
- Study and design pneumatic and hydraulic automation circuits.
- Understand the analysis and synthesis of electropneumatic automation circuits.
- Design common PLC systems and based on Fuzzy Logic.
- Programming PLC.
- Design and programming computer’s communication systems with A/D, D/A.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes