- Malefaki Sonia
Academic position: Assistant Professor
Sonia Malefaki was born in Athens, Greece, in 1977. In 1999 she graduated from the Department of Mathematics of the University of Patras with orientation on “Statistics, Probability and Operational Research”. In 2001 she received her MSc with honor (grade: 9.13), from the interdepartmental postgraduate program “Computer Mathematics and Decision Making” with Orientation on “Statistical Decision Theory and applications” from the University of Patras and in 2008 she defended her doctoral dissertation at the Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Piraeus (thesis title “Simulated weighted samples as jump processes: A different perspective”, supervisor: G. Iliopoulos). She worked as a researcher at the Universite de Technologie de Compiegne in France from 2008 to 2010. From June 2010 until September 2013 she was employed as a Lecturer at the Department of Engineering Science, University of Patras. In September 2013 she joined as a Lecturer to the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Aeronautics, University of Patras. Her research interests are mainly in the area of computational statistics, simulation methods, Monte Carlo and Markov chain Monte Carlo methods. She works also on Bayesian Statistics, Markov and semi Markov processes, hidden Markov/semi Markov models and reliability. She is the author of 13 papers in international journals and more than 15 papers in conference proceedings with referees.
She is also a reviewer for six international journals.
Google Scholar: Malefaki Sotiria
1. Monday 13:00 -14:00
2. Wedensday 13:00 -14:00
3. Thursday 13:00 -14:00
1. P Koutras, S. Malefaki and A.N. Platis, (2017) “Optimization of the Dependability and Performance Measures of a Generic Model for Multi-State Deteriorating Systems under Maintenance”. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 166, 73-86.
2. Economou, S. Malefaki and C. Caroni. (2015) “Bayesian threshold regression model with random effects for recurrent events.” Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, 17(4), 871–898.
3. S. Malefaki, N. Limnios and P. Dersin, (2014) “Reliability of maintained systems under a semi–Markov setting.” Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 131, 282-290.
4. Iliopoulos, G. and Malefaki, S. (2013). “Variance reduction of estimators arising from Metropolis-Hastings algorithms.” Statistics and Computing, 23(5), 577–587.
5. Chryssaphinou, Ο. Limnios N.
6. Malefaki, S. and Iliopoulos, G. (2008). “On convergence of importance sampling to the target distribution.” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 138(4), 1210-1225.
Operational Research IΙ
COURSE CONTENT Network analysis, dynamic programming, advanced decision theory, problem structuring methodologies, Soft Systems Methodology, Multi-methodology. LEARNING OUTCOMES The aim of the subject...
COURSE CONTENT Quality definition and scope – Quality planning – the Quality Gurus – Quality tools – Total Quality Management – Quality in the...
COURSE CONTENT Differential calculus of functions of a single variable Integral calculus of functions of a single variable Series of constants, series of functions,...
Probability Theory & Statistics
COURSE CONTENT The importance of probability and statistics in engineering problems Objects of probability and statistics, the role of probability in statistics, examples of...
Operational Research I
COURSE CONTENT Linear programming models, the Simplex method and sensitivity analysis, the transportation model, advanced linear programming, Objective programming, Integer programming, Heuristic programming, deterministic...
Analysis of Experimental Data
COURSE CONTENT Multivariate random variables Chi-square test Goodness of fit test, test of independence, test of Homogeneity, test for equality of several proportions Simple...