- Panidis Thrassos
Academic position: Professor
He has graduated in the Mechanical Engineering Department of the University of Patras (Diploma 1980, Doctorate 1991). He was first employed as a Scientific Associate of the Department in 1980 and since 2018 he is a Professor. He worked for a semester as Visiting Researcher in Martin Luther University, Merseburg, Germany (1995). He is responsible for teaching topics in the fields of transport phenomena and turbulence, as well as related to experimental techniques and measurements. His research interests lie in the field of multiphase flows, turbulence, and combustion with experimental and computational techniques, and applications in energy, environment, and aeronautics. He is involved in numerous Research Projects in collaboration with Greek and foreign institutions of the public and the private sector. He has published over 100 papers in scientific journals and international conference proceedings. He has supervised successfully seven PHDs and is currently supervising five.
- Vouros A.P., Panidis Th., Pollard A., Schwab R.R., 2015, Near field vorticity distributions from a sharp-edged rectangular jet, Int J Heat Fluid Flow, 51, pp. 383-394
- Kavga A., Konstas I., Panidis Th., 2015, Assessment of infrared heating benefits in a production greenhouse, Appl Eng Agric, 31(1), pp. 143-151
- Romeos A., Giannadakis A., Perrakis K., Panidis Th., 2016, Co-Rotating Vortex Interaction, Aircr Eng Aerosp Tec, 88 (2), pp. 285 – 293
- Vouros A., Vouros A., Panidis Th., 2016, Experimental study of a water-mist jet issuing normal to a heated flat plate, Thermal Sci 20 (2), pp. 473-482
- Kalogirou I. D., Romeos A., Giannadakis A., Perrakis K., Panidis Th., 2016, Flow patterns in an occluded artery with an “end to side” anastomosis model. A visualisation study, Int J Biol Biomed Eng, 10, pp. 159-167
- Vouros A.P., Vouros A.P., Panidis Th., 2017, Characteristics of Alternative Aviation Fuel Blends, Aerospace 4(2):18, pp. 1-15
- Panidis Th., Schwab R., Pollard A., 2017, The role of vorticity in the near field development of sharp-edged, rectangular, wall jets, Int J Heat Fluid Flow, 67 B, pp. 3-22
- Apostolopoulou N., Romeos A., Hinopoulos G., Perrakis K., Panidis Th., 2018, Considerations on Reaction to Fire Tests of Polyethylene Foam with a Cone Calorimeter Apparatus, J Fire Sci, 36 (3), pp. 240-255
Google Scholar: Panidis Thrassos
Scopus: Panidis Thrassos
Contact hours: Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 11:00-14:00
General: Thermofluids, Multiphase flow, Energy, Combustion, Measurement techniques
Specific: Turbulence, Coherent flow structures, Combustion, Reaction to fire, Dispersed two phase flows, Porous media, Mutlisensor HWA, LDV, PDA, PIV
Heat Transfer I
COURSE CONTENT Fundamental principles of heat transfer. Heat transfer modes: conduction, convection and radiation. The heat transfer equation. Heat conduction (steady state, one dimensional...
Heat Transfer II
COURSE CONTENT Introduction. Heat convection phenomenology. Newton law of cooling. Pi theorem. Dimensional analysis. Nondimensional Numbers. Forced convection. Free convection. Working correlations for forced...
COURSE CONTENT Introduction to transport phenomena. Molecular diffusion of momentum (viscosity), of heat (conduction) and mass. Similarities and differences. Molecular diffusion coefficients. Temperature and...
Energy Design and Airconditioning of Buildings
Theory and Modeling of Turbulence Flows
COURSE CONTENT Introduction. Turbulence phenomenology. Methodological approaches. Turbulent diffusion. Turbulence scales. Turbulent transport. Reynolds averaging. Reynolds stresses. Turbulent heat transfer. Wall shear flows. Turbulence...
COURSE CONTENT Introduction The role of technical writing in business, industry, studies and research Characteristics of correct technical writing: The writing process Assessment of...
Fluid Mechanics II
COURSE CONTENT BASIC PRINCIPLES OF IDEAL FLOW. Fluid deformation and vorticity. Stream function and velocity potential. ELEMENTARY FLOWS. Parallel flow, source, sink and dynamic...